Sunday, March 3, 2013

Grandma's Cake

My grandmother used to make this cake for me when I was little. It wasn't a sweet cake but it was delicious!!!
Because it was not grain free and she didn't have a recipe (she made it up) I made up a recipe using almond flour and it turned out really well.

Enjoy

8 free range eggs
1/2 cup melted coconut oil
1/2 cup plain amasai
1/2 cup coconut nectar/grade B maple syrup
1 tbsp. organic vanilla extract
2 cups almond flour
1/2 cup raw organic cacao powder
1/4 cup raw organic coconut sugar
1/2 cup organic raisins
2/3 cup raw walnuts
2/3 cup 70% organic dark chocolate chips
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. real salt

Mix together, almond flour, raisins, cacao powder, coconut sugar, walnuts, chocolate chips, baking powder and salt.
In a separate bowl whisk eggs, melted oil, amasai, coconut nectar/maple syrup and vanilla extract.
Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients.
Mix together well.
In a greased cake pan (greased with coconut oil) pour in batter.
Bake at 350 for 20 or 30 minutes.




4 comments:

  1. Hmm it appears like your website ate my first comment (it
    was super long) so I guess I'll just sum it up what I had written and say, I'm thoroughly enjoying your blog.
    I as well am an aspiring blog writer but I'm still new to everything. Do you have any tips and hints for inexperienced blog writers? I'd really appreciate it.


    My blog diet yang benar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great recipe! Great testimony! Keep up the good work, Sister!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's very easy to find out any topic on net as compared to textbooks, as I found this post at this web site.

    Visit my webpage Buy apple stem cell serum

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks very interesting blog!

    Feel free to visit my website Beta Force Muscle Building Matrix

    ReplyDelete