Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Healthy Pumpkin Syrup

I love making up recipes, with my health conditions I eat very healthy! So its fun to come up with all sorts of yummy healthy alternatives. Here is my newest made up recipe. I decided to wipe it up last night.

From the kitchen of Kelcie Yeo

Healthy Pumpkin Syrup


3/4 cup water
1/2 tsp. cinnamon 
1/4 tsp nutmeg 
1/4 clove
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
2 tbsp. organic pumpkin, pureed
1/3 cup xylitol
1/2 raw honey
In small sauce pan, add water and spices and let it simmer for 25-30 minutes. Add pumpkin puree, xylitol, honey and let that simmer for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes set aside and let it cool. After about 15-20 of cooling put your syrup in a food processor or blender and blend well. With spatula scoop out and into a glass jar and put into the fridge.  
This Recipe is not only tasty but may also help fight colds. Its a great sweet treat to add to your coffee in the morning as well.  I personally would add a little bit of full fat coconut milk.



This also makes a wonderful gift for someone! You can even attach the recipe on it!! :)

3 comments:

  1. Kelcie, I LOVE your blog. Its awesome!!!

    -Kayla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to blog world! How about a little post about why we should eat real food!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the warm welcome! :) I will definitely write about that! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete