1/2 cup + 2 tbsp. water
1/8 tsp. xanthan gum
1/2 tsp baking powder (corn free, gluten free baking powder)
1/2 tsp. baking soda
3 tbsp. coconut flour
1 cup almond/cashew butter
1/4 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp. liquid stevia (sweet leaf is the best
1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup cacao powder
1-2 drops peppermint essential oil (optional)
- With a hand mixer beat water and xanthan gum together until foamy.
- Add vanilla and stevia and beat. Add agave and nut butter and beat well.
- In a separate bowl combine baking powder, baking soda, sea salt, cacao and coconut flour together.
- Add the dry ingredients in and beat for 1-2 minutes until completely smooth. Add in about 1/2 cup of water if batter is too thick (it will probably need the water).
- Spoon a tablespoon at a time of the batter into a greased muffin pan. You should fill batter up half way.
- Put into the the oven at 350 for 5 minutes. Take out and with a spoon smooth surface of each brownie.
- Place back into the oven for about 15 minutes. Check and make sure they are cooked. Let it cool for 10-15 minutes and serve.
Original recipe from the spunky coconut