Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Eve Breakfast

I made my families Christmas Eve breakfast this year. An annual thing that I have started this year!


Everything I made was, GRAIN FREE, DAIRY FREE, SUGAR FREE (I only used low glycemic sweeteners), SOY FREE and CORN FREE.


Everything turned out wonderful! 


The original recipe comes from The Whole Life Nutrition Kitchen but I did a lot of my own critiquing with this recipe.

Grain Free, Egg Free, Dairy Free and Sugar Free Cinnamon Rolls with Dairy Free "Cream Cheese Glaze


Dry Ingredients:
3 cups almond flour 
1 cup arrowroot powder
1 tbsp. baking powder
1 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda


Wet Ingredients:
1 cup cooked mashed sweet potato 
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/3 cup grade B maple syrup 
1/3 cup melted virgin coconut oil
1 tbsp. pure vanilla extract


Filling Ingredients:
1/2 cup soft (not melted) coconut oil
1/4 cup agave 
1/4 cup coconut sugar
4 tbsp. cinnamon


"Cream Cheese" Glaze Ingredients:
3/4 cup mashed sweet potatoes (still warm)
1/4 cup grade B maple syrup 
2 tbsp. coconut oil (ghee/butter will do as well)
2 tbsp. unsweetened applesauce
2 tbsp. arrowroot powder
2 tbsp. pure vanilla extract
1/8 tsp. sea salt


Instructions:

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Oil 2 cake pans with coconut oil, and set aside.
  2. Mix dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
  3. Place all wet ingredients together in a vita mix and blend until creamy.
  4. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix well.
  5. After all ingredients are mixed spoon more arrowroot powder and almond flour into the batter until it can be formed into a ball.
  6. Generously sprinkle a mix of more arrowroot powder and almond flour on your counter or large cutting board.
  7. Coat the dough with the flour until it can be rolled out flat.
  8. To spread the filling start by spreading the softened coconut oil onto the dough until all is covered.
  9. Sprinkle on the coconut sugar, cinnamon and agave (with your hand spread filling all over the dough).
  10. Begin to roll up the dough. If your dough is sticky then coax it with more arrowroot and almond flour using a spatula.
  11. Once you have rolled up your dough, take a serrated knife and slice the rolls out and place in your oiled pan. 
  12. Bake for about 30-35 minutes.
  13. To make glaze place all ingredients in a vita mix or blender and blend until creamy. Pour over cinnamon rolls once their down cooking.

  



I also Made Grain Free, Dairy Free, Sugar Free, Corn Free, and Soy Free pancakes!
Those were my favorite!

Pancakes

2 organic free range eggs
2 tbsp. melted coconut oil, or ghee (I used ghee!)
2 tbsp. coconut milk
5-6 drops liquid stevia
2 tbsp. coconut flour
sprinkle of sea salt
1/8 tsp. baking powder



  1. Combine all ingredients except for the flour together and whisk well. Add in flour and mix thoroughly.
  2. Place 1 tbsp. coconut oil in a pan and turn on a low heat until all oil is melted.
  3. Spoon batter into the pan and cook.
  4. Makes about 8 pancakes!
You can serve it with raw berries (what I did was the night before took frozen berries and place them in the fridge to thaw and used that to put on my pan cakes!) Also you can powder xylitol in a coffee bean grinder and sprinkle some on your pancakes!







I also served raw apples (they were from my grandparents organic apple orchard and I had cut them up and froze them to used for raw applesauce and different things, so I just took them out the night before and let them thaw. They were wonderful! You can sprinkle cinnamon and lemon juice on them and it's fantastic!)


I also made grain free almond vanilla bread and raw eggnog



2 comments:

  1. Kelcie-everything looks so wonderful, just by reading and looking I would enjoy a taste NOW! Great site for info. I hope to talk to you very soon!
    Blessings,
    Jodi Schmidt
    McHenry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh..my...gosh. That looks so amazing

    ReplyDelete